Rest At Last

Monday, September 15, 2008

Ruth and I have finally found some rest time, but not becuase it's our choice, rather our housing electrical problem has forced us to relax. After I picked up Ruth from school at 10:00pm, we went home to make a simple dinner. Suddenly, a fuse blew and our electrical situation went 复杂。 Our fridge stopped working and our microwave was barely hanging on to a little bit of power. I was using the stove and when I turned the stove up higher, the light went brighter and the fridge would turn on. At 500 degrees the light was bright and fridge was working great. If I turned on a burner with the stove at 500, we were in business! Sadly, this would be very costly and dangerous to leave the stove on all night, but how were we going to keep our fridge running? Well, I called the Ludlows and for the night being they told us to run an extension cord from the other room (which had power) into the kitchen to power the fridge. What was also interesting was if the burners were on and the stove was on 500 our light was very bright, but if you pressed the dryer start button, it would turn all of the power off.

Possibly a haunted house, or an old electrical problem.

I love my wife. It's great that after such a stressful day, she can come home to a powerless house and laugh about it.

Goodnight.

6 comments:

Elise said...

I want to know what sound that makes! I'll ask my roommate tomorrow....

Mary Beth said...

Oh, ouch! I hope you're able to get the fuse replaced soon. Do you need any fridge space to keep stuff from spoiling?

Meghan said...

You guys do have a working smoke alarm, right? (Electrical problems being the #1 source of fires).

Brianon said...

so bizarre! and scary...

like mary beth, my fridge/freezer is up for storing things!

Rachael said...

That is a weird problem. It doesn't make any sense to me. Unless you blew a breaker and instead of tripping the circut to 'off,' it just allowed for more electricity to flow through that circuit, which doesn't make any sense at all and should never happen. If, however, that is the case, it would be dangerous to use anything on that circuit until it gets fixed. I guess if it is a really old house, it could have fuses instead of circuit breakers, but it's the same result. Anyway, I wish you good luck with the problem.

--Neil

Meghan said...

Let us know if you are still alive of if the freezer/stove ghosts got you. Has your landlord gotten it fixed? Shouldn't be your problem unless you let it kill you.

Love you,
Dad

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground