Well. I am sitting here at the computer waiting for an email from my accounting group, so I can write the last few parts and then make sure everything is put together. But it hasn't come yet, and the only other thing I can do is start studying for my auditing exam, and I would rather not do that.

My last day of official class is tomorrow, and then we have presentations for the next two days. My group is presenting on the expenditure cycle of a local jewelry company. We have to write a report on their accounting system and then recommend some suggestions for improving that system. This is the company's system: the owner's brain. If you think doing this project is fun, you are right.

Also, just to make Mary Beth feel a little better, these are some of the things I read about for class tomorrow: privity, tort, breach of contract, ordinary negligence, gross negligence, common law, statutory law, primary beneficiary, near privity....do any of these sound familiar?? Oh, and of course...fraud!

Did you know accountants get sued--a lot? They need lawyers all the time!! So don't worry, Mary Beth. Accountants will always have jobs, according to the Wall Street Journal. And if accountants have jobs, you can bet you will have a job. :)

Jordan is also studying hard. He is meeting with his group for a chinese presentation, and then is finishing up his big english paper. I think I will leave the library before he does tonight. He is doing great in his classes and is also working 5 hours every day!

I have a new food obsession of popcorn balls. Also, I love jello salad.

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Have fun on your last day of official class! And I hope your presentation goes well.

We've covered all of those terms in one class or another, except near privity (is that like privity but not quite?)

It is good to know that even in this economic downturn, there will always be people to sue and people to be sued. And people to count the money. :)

Have a great day!

Meghan said...

I think the privity is a little building out back.
Hope you all have fun! I'm praying hard for you and your tests and presentations and opportunities to eat and state of health.

Anonymous said...

Can you make more caramel popcorn balls for my chinese class tomorrow? Remember - there is only 8 kids in the class. Thanks!!!!! I love you.

JORDAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

...but double the batch so I can have my share!!!

Thanks darling.

Ps. I'll do the dishes.

Anonymous said...

When I was a little boy in Idaho (sound familiar) we have a far privity. They are nice in the Summer, but not in the Winter. (Did you know there a lot of months of Winter in Idaho?)

If you can come up with a caramel corn recipe without high fructose corn syrup in it, I'll make caramel corn during Christmas. And I found an even more exciting find that you will have to wait for....

Love you and good luck all,

Dud

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground