Rush Valley Rodeo 2009

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Today was the annual Rush Valley Rodeo. Usually the rodeo is extremely hot and dusty, although today was cloudy and cool. I was constantly encouraging Ruth and Elise to come with me to go behind the chutes and watch the riders get on the bulls/horses. Finally, they decided to come with me to watch the bull riding from behind the chutes. From the cowboys grammar to their clothing, it is a completely different culture back there. Ruth and Elise were immediately being hit upon by these cowboys. They were telling them to jump up on the platform behind the chutes and watch. As the bull riding was closing, there was still the best bull yet to go. His name was Head Case. He can frequently be seen on the Professional Bull Riding tour. Next thing I knew, Ruth was on the bull in the chute! Apparently, all of the rough and tough, missing teeth, foul language and smelling cowboys convinced her to get on the bull! Well, when one man jokingly shouted, "OPEN THE CHUTE" Ruth was quickly off the 2,500 lb. bull and out of the chute (with the help of one man's hand on her butt!). When she got off the bull, I pointed out the lump of manure on her jeans. A cowboy next to her, flicked it off with his finger.

Ruth rode a bull.


4 comments:

Emily Juliet Ainian said...

Is this a joke?

Amy Collyer said...

PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE A PICTURE?!?! It sounds amazing!

Meghan said...

So when I asked Ruth about something exciting that had happened to her this week, she told me about the bull poop on her pants, but not the sitting on the bull. I wonder which one made a stronger impression?

MIssy said...

OH MY HECK! I totally know that bull! You are so BRAVE! RUTH!! Great post! love you guys!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground