We are in Korea!! It was a long flight from LA to Seoul but we made it! We survived 13 hours of fun over the Pacific and made it to the nicest airport I have ever visited. If this is what the rest of Asia is like, I am moving here forever! Jordan says just to wait until Taiwan. Somehow I think it will be a little different there. Maybe not so good different...we will see though.
I have been trying to upload some of our travel pictures but the popups and prompts are all in Korean, so I think we will just wait until Taiwan so that Jordan can read the characters.
Let me give you a few of the highlights so far...
Jordan brought about 20 business cards with him and I think he has just a few left. Let's just say he is making a lot of friends!
I was scared of what the "beef" dinner option would be on airplane so I just ordered rice. I figured it would be simple with just a few veggies. It was not.
Korean Air is very nice though--I was suprised at how nice and happy the flight attendants were throughout the long night. We got hot towels, pineapple juice every hour, water bottles, dinner, breakfast, and our own personal tvs.
The Seoul airport is so different from any American airport I have ever visited. There are so many relaxation areas with massages and comfy chairs. There is also free internet everywhere, but here they actually provide the computers for you to use the internet! Plus, everything seems super clean, which I love. One thing that is still curious to me is an "etiquette bell" in every bathroom stall. I'm scared to press it, but I wonder what it sounds like and what it is for.
Also, Jordan just got news that the big deal he has been working on closed. The company is the 4th largest in Korea, and they have a huge booth with free electronics exhibits directly across from where we are sitting. Pretty cool!
Well we have been traveling for 26 hours, and only have 5 hours left! It is 9:27 am here and we are ready for a new day. It is weird that I have been wearing the same clothes for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. At least we brought our toothbrushes in our carry-ons. We don't want people to stare at us for the wrong reasons....
4 comments:
So glad to see/read that all is well!!! I miss you two already. I was walking home from school today and ran into three beautiful girls!!! Mary Bethe, Elise, and Rosalind... we walked to the market and looked for a movie. Well, actually, Rosalind, Elise, and I got samples of Frozen Yogurt, and Mary Beth told us we weren't supposed to do that. HAha... have fun!
Thanks for updating! Dad and I are reading together and we keep saying "cool." Can't wait to hear more--hope you adjust quickly to the time change/day change. Sea vegetables are very healthy, btw. Much better than beef, if you can get them down and keep them there.
Have fun!!!
Neil and I both read your post--awesome!! Keep updating. So cool to enjoy your adventures vicariously!
Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! Love, Aunt Pam & Uncle Kevin
Post a Comment