update

Saturday, September 04, 2010

So it has been a week since Ruth went back home. It sure is very different without her - and not for the better! Hopefully this is the last time we are apart for six weeks. I just can't imagine those who are in the military who leave their family for a year. My brother is an airborne ranger in the Army and just came back from Iraq to see his newborn baby boy. He has to return in a few days for another six months. I can't imagine.

Though it is tough without Ruth, I'm managing to stay busy with golf in my free time! Actually golf is extremely expensive in Asia, however, I have made a few connections since I've been here ;). Wednesday afternoon I'm heading up to Shenzhen, China to play Mission Hills. It is one of the nicest courses in the world and definitely the nicest in China. One of the expats in our ward is friends with a member at that course ($500,000 to join). The member is the inventor of a popular toy in 2009 called the Zhu Zhu Pet. Apparently he got very wealthy from that single toy. I will spend the night at Mission Hills and then Mike, the expat, and I are playing Lin Yi Golf course the next morning, then it is back to Hong Kong.

Work is going well. I have a very busy month ahead of me. I'm going to Tokyo in just over week for several days. Hopefully I don't get lost - it's the largest city in the world. A week after that, one of the owners of Qualtrics is coming to visit and probably heading to Shanghai with him. On the 27th I'm heading back to Seoul, Korea to visit with the top 4 universities in Korea as well as some of the companies we met with last time.

BYU has their first game tomorrow! Rise and shout the cougars are out...


...Rah...rah...rah, rah, rah........


No comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground