Jordan and I have been quite busy this fall!

First, I got a teensy but into canning and now have a pantry full of applesauce, peaches, and apple butter. Jordan sometimes forgets the word and tells people I really like "jarring."

My parents visited a lot and we loved having them here. I miss my mom making such good dinners and my dad making delicious whole wheat bread! Hopefully they will be able to make it out here next semester.

Work is going well for both Jordan and me. We are both very lucky to have jobs that we enjoy.

Our new hobby is going to the gym, yippee! I think Jordan is surprised every time I go and work out... Maybe I give off a lazy vibe? Haha my prior work out buddies know that I am not always incredibly committed. But now I am, and it is going great! I LOVE the gym so much more than outside. Where else could I watch all my shows (on mute) while listening to Pandora? Weird, right? I'm just glad we got onto the unlimited data plan before Verizon switched over. What was that about a normal user totally never using more than 2 GB per day, Mom?

We are also trying to eat healthier... Minus the puppy chow I just had tonight. We had roasted veggies last night (butternut squash, sweet potatoes, red potatoes, and carrots) with oatmeal bread and applesauce. It was the perfect dinner, except that we ate it at 9:30 pm. Hey, it takes a long time to get those veggies roasting!!

Jordan and I are going to LA with my dear friend Amy for Thanksgiving. I went home with Amy our freshman year, five years ago. I am so excited for this trip, and happy that we are still such good friends. Amy was my first friend at college... How truly lucky I have been for her amazing friendship.

And yes, Jordan and I are still trying to pull out a trip to Asia. We were all set to start booking things for the beginning of December, but we will wait a bit longer and see how things turn out. It will be great whenever and whatever we do! I am so ready for a nice vacation.

Well I have to go sample some more puppy chow... I mean go to bed. :)



4 comments:

Rachael said...

I really enjoyed this post! Sounds like you guys are having a nice fall. And I love the phrase "jarring." I may have to use that from now on. :-)

Meghan said...

I love reading your posts! It's so fun to hear your voice describing your days. I've been to Bronson Athletic Club twice this week, and the workout about killed me the first time, but I went back two days later (even though I could barely lift myself in and out of the car) and it was easier the second time. It's amazing how quickly our bodies respond and adapt.
And I have a book you'd love reading. It's one of the best I've seen on healthy eating--very well done and simple steps. Your dinner sounds delicious. Have fun eating out of your jars this winter. And have a wonderful Thanksgiving. And birthday!

Anonymous said...

Ruth failed to mention she ran two miles last night!

Anonymous said...

Loved your post! It is so great to hear about your life. I just read your post to your Uncle Kevin after he returned this evening from a business trip. Sophie & Pearl want to know what the storyl is with the puppy chow! That would be roo, roo, roo to you! We think of you often. Love, Aunt Pam

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground