
Ruth and I really needed a break. So at the last minute we booked a trip to Vegas. Ruth got a good deal at the Wynn. The Wynn is debatably the nicest hotel in Vegas and it was REALLY nice. We drove down Friday afternoon and arrived just in time for an amazing buffet meal at the Aria. The Aria buffet includes King Crab legs, lobster, rack of lamb, prime rib, kobe steak, salmon, salads, cheese, chinese food, etc. It has everything. It was an extremely long walk from our hotel to the Aria and back.
On Saturday, we ate breakfast at the hotel and went to the Mandalay Bay hotel for the Aquarium Exhibit. We went shopping at Trader Joes and at at Panera for Lunch. Saturday night we had an amazing meal at Wolfgang Puck's Italian restaurant at the Venetian. Ruth had an excellent Mediterranean Sea Bass. Afterwards we sat in the front section at The Phantom at the Venetian. It was awesome.




Sunday we ate the Sunday Brunch Buffet at our hotel. Again, it had everything. We really wanted to go to a Cirque Du Soleil show, but wasn't willing to pay $300 for a couple tickets. We also weren't willing to watch a Time Share presentation to get discounted price.
We came back Monday night.
I'm going to New York tomorrow to meet with a few clients and coming back Wednesday. I'll be going back to NY on February 5th - it's about time for a NYC office.
In other news, we are going to Michigan in a couple weeks.... but it's just a layover for our trip to Hong Kong! The flight from Detroit to Hong Kong is over 16 hours. Wish me luck and send me some Dramamine, please. We are flying to Hong Kong February 7th, the day after I get back from NYC. This is our agenda:
February 7th - Fly to HK
February 8th - Arrive in HK
February 9th - Going to Wagyu for dinner
February 10th - Going golfing at Mission Hills, China
February 11th - Ruth and I and some friends are going to Shenzhen, China to go shopping.
February 12th - Flying to Phuket, Thailand. We are staying here -- I am super excited for the snorkeling, and massages. Ruth is excited for the elephant/horse rides on the beach.
February 17th - Fly to Beijing! Ruth booked this hotel -
February 18th - Great Wall of China Tour
February 19th - Forbidden City/ Tiananmen Square
February 20th - Fly home.
We are super excited to go on a nice relaxing vacation!
4 comments:
So jealous, but so excited for you two! I hope you have a WONDERFUL time!
Sounds like a wonderful trip! (Actually, sounds like two wonderful trips). Maybe we'll run up to Grand Rapids today for a much-needed break :)
I hope you blog every day you're gone! This is probably the closest I'll get to Thailand or Beijing.
This all sounds wonderful, and I'm so happy for you that you can enjoy this trip together.
Super envious! Have an awesome time and take millions of pictures so that we can experience it vicariously!
Love the pictures in Vegas! Wonderful travel plans for Asia! Enjoy!
Love, Aunt Pam & Uncle Kevin
Post a Comment