Actually, MLK was quoting an old Negro spiritual (Why are they always "old"? And "Negro", not "African-American"?). Anyway, glad you're free. The end of a semester and the subsequent feeling of burdens sliding off your back is one of the best feelings I know. The only thing that compares is the moment after giving birth. So congrats on giving birth to another finished semester!
4 comments:
Try Martin Luther King Jr...but you were close...they are both men...
Actually, MLK was quoting an old Negro spiritual (Why are they always "old"? And "Negro", not "African-American"?). Anyway, glad you're free. The end of a semester and the subsequent feeling of burdens sliding off your back is one of the best feelings I know. The only thing that compares is the moment after giving birth. So congrats on giving birth to another finished semester!
...Mom, I will never think of finals week the same way again. >.>
i was going to say mlk but they beat me to it...
:-D langston hughes isn't just a man, he is also african american. and famous. so really, they have a lot in common.
Post a Comment