Thankful Thursday (one day early)

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So I was walking from my apartment today on my way to work, and after I climbed up the gazillion stairs to campus and could breathe again, I just thought something that I haven't thought since I came to BYU. I thought about when people would ask me where I was going to college and I would tell them BYU, in Utah--and today I realized that this really is a dream come true! I'm exactly where I wanted to be. Campus was empty and I just looked around at the buildings and up at the mountains and it was so beautiful. I really can't believe how happy and blessed I am to be at this great university, with great friends, amazing roommates, a nice apartment, and so many other things. So I thought I would make a list of just some things that I'm thankful for that come to mind right now:
1. Spirit day at work, I can wear jeans, a t-shirt and tennis shoes
2. My winter coat
3. Andrea leaving her bed foam pad so I can sleep on it this semester
4. My clean clothes (as of this morning)
5. Fabric softener
6. Peppermint ice cream and brownies
7. Watching 3 movies last night because I've been stuck in the library or busy so I can't watch any movies ever
8. The christmas decorations in my office
9. Mom's willingness to fund Thanksgiving
10. A birthday in 2 days!
11. Dad and Mom calling and when I don't pick up, leaving good messages
12. My cell phone
13. No people coming to the window at work today
14. My curly hair and pretty eyes
15. Getting asked out on dates (even though I complain about some of the ones I have to go on...)
16. Hot tub and sauna this weekend
17. Manicures and pedicures with Amy (once a year, at Thanksgiving)
18. Friends who call even when they're at home for the holidays
19. My job that pays really well
20. No tests for at least 4 days
21. Having the chance to be on a computer for 4 hours at work so I don't have to waste time later in the day
22. Filet mignon
23. Going out with a boy to an expensive restaurant where I don't have to pay
24. Acceptable at ice skating, since that is the date of choice for the winter
25. Rollerblading
26. Staple removers
27. Chocolate truffles
28. Pens that glide
29. Fall
30. Chocolate chip cookie dough
31. Opening my phone to see 3 new voicemails
32. Letters from grandma
33. Amy making my bed
34. The day after cleaning checks
35. Vacuums that work
36. Free food
37. Pumpkin anything--yes, I do finally like pumpkin pie!
38. Ethnic foods (Indian, thai, mexican...)
39. Chapstick
40. My Express editor pants
41. Being tall
42. Free perfume samples
43. White-out
44. The Office
45. Finally watching Amelie at International Cinema
46. Cracklin' Oat Bran--at least 10 boxes this semester...woohoo!
47. Smith's bargain rack
48. Homemade syrup
49. Contacts
50. Blankets

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I love you, Ruthie! You've inspired me to think about what I'm grateful for--right now it's a warm bed with the wind blowing and rain changing to snow outside my window. And my great, great girls! I hope you and Mary Beth have a fantastic time this weekend. We love you and miss you and can't wait to see you in just a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

sometimes when i walk around on campus i feel the same way! we are so blessed to see our dreams coming true, and to go to school in such a beautiful niche of the world.

i loved your grateful list!

Rachael said...

i am so jealous that you got to see amelie. i'm assuming it was edited at IC? LUCKY! was it so so good?

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground