So everyone wants to know about this "friend." His name is Jordan. I think everyone already knows that part. Rupert or Jordan was in my stats class last semester. He always tried to talk to me but since I always sat on the aisle seat next to my good friend Emily, he got so frustrated and couldn't figure out how to talk to me. Finally and very obviously he sat in front of me so that he could, in some way, strike up a conversation. I gave him my phone number at some point in the process but had ignored his first phone call and turned him down the second. I just thought he was really goofy at first and could not see myself ever dating him. Our first date was last October and had dated off and on since then. On our first date he took me to the driving range where he was sly enough to "teach" me the correct technique of golfing, if you know what I mean. ;) He is a big golfer so I trusted him, but not really that I cared about the correct technique. I really didn't like him too much but persistancy pays off. I don't understand why he liked me even though I wouldn't call him back, I wore t-shirts on dates, and after I kissed him (or while kissing him) I told him I like other boys. That only made him more persistant; he is a very competitive person. After Christmas break, I kind of, sort of, in some way ignored him and then we had the imfamous DTR (or lack thereof) at 2:00 am. It went something like this, "Ruth, what are you doing tomorrow?" "I don't know. I'm really busy." "What are you doing?" "Well i have to go grocery shopping and rollerblading (there was a blizzard that day)." "Well, what's going on with us?" "I don't know." "Should I keep going after you or am I wasting my time?" "You are wasting your time." "OK, goodbye." Then, for some odd reason, I had a complete change of heart just like Alma the younger had. Since that point on, we are together all the time. More about Jordan.... He is from Wisconsin. He loves every sport possible namely golf, basketball, football, and hockey. He is studying Chinese and Biology/pre-dental. His mom went to high school with my mom at Highland High! He works at Nu Skin so I get a lot of free products! Rupert is 6'41/2 about 200 lbs. Today, we went to his grandmother's to eat a very delicious meal. Yesterday, we went to Salt Lake City to the Zoo! Well, the zoo happened to be closed, so we ended up at the Gateway Mall.
Today we had Stake Conference and we have a new counselor in the Presidency, President Monson. Yes, he is the son of President Monson. Our Stake President also mentioned the date his daughter was conceived. Yes, that's what we all thought.
P.S. I found my Camelbak water bottle. It was in Rupert's car when he picked me up for Stake Conference today!
7 comments:
hey ruthie...its ur little sister... call me sometime i miss talking to you. i hope u have my cell phone...its the same as elises and moms, but the 2nd part is 2827. call me!
Whoa, glad to hear about the water-bottle! And more about the boy. *grin* But why the two names?
i think i liked the original ending to this post better...
also, i like you two together. i know i've told you that before, but i just thought i'd make it public.
glad you found your waterbottle. and also, what's up with the two names? which is which? also, i'm glad he wrote this post so we FINALLY know what's going on. hello, jordan! we're glad you stepped in to save us all from our endless wondering.
also, i like this connection to nu skin. that's pretty sweet. hang on to this guy and send some of those freebies my way! heh heh.
oh, and neil is happy that he is still the tallest (by half an inch).
Rupert is what Dad calls Jordan. I have no idea why.
Maybe because he wasn't given a name, and we needed something as an identifier, other than "He Who Shall Remain Unnamed."
i like rupert. can we continue to call him that? maybe he will adopt it and that would be pretty sweet.
then we can start nicknaming other people. i vote for cecil for the next one. or eustace.
Post a Comment