Ruth and I are currently in the library and it is almost midnight. She said she doesn't want to write in her blog, so I will fill everyone in on the latest. Yesterday, work was slow and they let me off a couple hours early. When I went out to my car, three cars around me all had their windows smashed in and had items stolen. My car didn't have a scratch. I suprised Ruth by snatching her from the library and giving her the much needed break and going to Happy Sumo's for an amazing meal. However, she would not try the salmon Nigiri Sushi. It was amazing. I realized I didn't have an April rent to pay because it was paid when I signed for the contract, so what's a better way than to spend it with Ruth, eating a great meal.
Wedding plans are coming along fine, I guess. My aunt has just bought a new house in the eastern part of SLC somewhat close to where my mom grew up. She offered to have the reception at her house. My grandma's sister is a professional cook and makes wedding cakes. She has offered to do the cake! My friend today told me that he takes wedding and engagment pictures so if we wanted some inexpensive pictures taken, we could take to him. Everything is just falling right into place. The temple reservations are also made; 11:40am, July 18th!
2 comments:
Great that your car was untouched (too bad about the others--must be a bad neighborhood). I'm glad you took Ruth for food; every once in awhile I hear that's she's eaten a whole meal and my heart sings. It's good to know she's getting something that grew on a tree or in the ground, and not just a stack of tortillas.
so do you guys know where you're living yet? or ordered invites? (esp. for the june openhouse...we stuck little cards in our announcements for those coming to the openhouse). i think it took about 6 weeks to have the invitations printed and mailed.
Post a Comment