We are back from Michigan and we had a great time! We left on Wednesday and arrived late at night, but Mom had some delicious chocolate chip/pecan cookies waiting for us! The next day I went to the dentist, which was not very fun. Jordan came along and had to wait for 2 hours! My teeth, however, are sparkling clean. Then I can't remember what we did. But we had a delicious dinner of chimichangas!
On Friday I went to get my hair dyed and Jordan mowed the lawn...woohoo! Then he went on a run and I went to World Market with my sisters. It was full of fun jewelry and ethnic/fancy food! We also went to the grocery store with my dad and then got gourmet pizza--it was the best I have ever had! Instead of regular pineapple/ham, they added mandarin oranges! There was also chicago style, some with white sauce, spinach and tomato, and of course breadsticks!
Saturday was our open house and it went off very well. My parents and family made amazing food and we got to see a lot of people. Our very first wedding present was...a toaster!! I hope we only get one...
Sunday was waffles/strawberries/whipped cream and church.
Now we are back in Provo, and I am in our new apartment! It is kind of scary being there without any roommates, but Rosalind is there now so it is better. There are a lot of idiosyncrasies about the place. For example, this morning I was trying to unlock the deadbolt. It is not a simple bar that you push to one side--you have to move it with the key. And I couldn't. I was locked inside my apartment until I worked on it for about 5 minutes. I guess I should start factoring that into my travel plan. And hope we never have a fire. Maybe we will tell them to get a new lock.
4 comments:
i'm so glad you updated! i've been starving for news :)
what color is your hair now? haha, i dyed my hair this week (surprise), but today i noticed a lot of split ends, so maybed i'll hold off on the dyeing for a bit.
mandarin orange pizza? sounds... weird. and delicious! and world market is amazing! i went there with my mom as soon as i got home :)
so glad to hear your engagement open house deal-ish thing went well! i hope someone took pictures that will be forthcoming...
your apartment lock sounds worrisome. maybe you'll learn the trick of it soon and you won't need to get it replaced?
I'm glad you are back!
So much for an exciting visit to downtown Kalamazoo and lunch at the Union!
The Union and Kalamazoo were wonderful. We had a great time there, especially with the mousse cake. :)
Post a Comment