If you're wondering why the heinous pink color is the background of my header, it is part of the template that I cannot get to go away!! But I'm sacrificing my stance against pink so I can get the amazing stripe background. Plus, the stripes look like our new shower curtain!!

So we are married now! You all know that because you were all there. Anyway, Sun Valley was amazing, mostly because I ate steak every single night. (And Lucky Charms for breakfast and lunch) The first night we went to a buffet at the Sun Valley lodge, and it was the best food ever!! There was all-you-can-eat steak off the grill, all kinds of fruit (I think I ate a few cartons worth of perfect raspberries), a seafood table with crab, trout, salmon, shrimp, all of which Jordan loved. There was also a bread table with baked brie and lots of other kinds of cheese that I didn't try because I love brie so much! There were salads galore, but I only tried the caeser. It was delicious! I think my favorite table was the one with mashed potatoes, twice baked potatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese, and a squash/yam something mixture that was amazing!!

Then for dessert there were different flavors of ice cream and then hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce in big silver containers. There was cheesecake and chocolate cake and lots of mini tarts and delicacies. I came upon something that looked like chocolate pudding and real whipped cream. Lo and behold, it was my beloved chocolate mousse. It was heavenly.

Then there was an ice show, with Johnny Wier, the most recent men's ice skating bronze medalist. There were many other excellent ice skaters, but the buffet was really the highlight of the night. So much so that...we went on Monday to lunch! The lunch buffet was a lot smaller, but still with great meat and raspberries!!

On Sunday we went to church and then at night we went to a concert in the park. Everyone around us was old, rich, and drinking wine. That was actually the story of the trip. Everyone was drinking wine, even at the movie theatre!! They were selling it there.

So for the rest of the trip we had filet mignon, sirloin steak, rack of lamb, BBQ ribs, prime rib, chicken, and pork tenderloin.


Our favorite restaurant (we went twice in three days) was The Pioneer Saloon. The cool thing about it was that the tables we sat at were less than a foot away from another table. Needless to say, Jordan started some conversation and we talked the whole meal! The second night we sat next to a couple who met on some LDS dating site. They were pretty cool and we hope everything works out for them!! Go Walter and Anita!!

Anyway, some other activities: shopping in Ketchum, looking at lots of Porshes, driving to Red Fish Lake and going over a beautiful summit, taking the chair lift up Baldy Mountain and hiking down endless switchbacks in flip flops (Jordan), talking to the neighbors at night, listening to music in front of the grocery store, seeing Batman (scariest movie ever, I was freaked out for the rest of the week because I thought a clown was going to kill us) and of course, eating lots and lots of delicious food!

When we got home we got to open presents and unpack. Jordan unpacked all of my clothes while I made dinner!! He is a great husband. Then on Monday we returned presents and bought things we really need. We have a garbage can, hooray! Jordan also lined the cupboards for me and it feels so much more sanitary already.

It has been a wonderful few weeks!!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Sounds like a wonderful time, and I'm so glad you have a garbage can! Hmm, we may have to visit Sun Valley sometime just for the buffet. I love you, sweetheart, and I'm grateful for the good choices you've made and your happiness.

Elise said...

aw, you sound so cute and you sound like you had an amazing time!! and even though there is pink in the header, i do like the new background, and you scroll past the pink anyway...but all that food make me want some, and i'm not even hungry!

Anonymous said...

remember that time we went to park city and spent outrageous amounts on food and we sat around the table discussing what our weaknesses were? kristina's was clothes, mine was buying movies, and yours was delicious food :) thus i am not surprised that your honemoon tales consist of mostly describing the food... although, it does sound delicious! and like you had a blast! i'm so glad, and also glad that you updated :)

oh my goodness, you are married now! hooray!

ps i too love your background, and the pink header isn't so bad.

Amy Collyer said...

You are right, the pink header is horrible.. ;)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground