
So I am sitting and work and this is what I have been thinking of today and every day since I got married. I wish I had some right now. I only got two bites at the reception and the cake we got to take with us melted in the car somehow. Maybe there are still crumbs between the seats. I just want some lemon buttercream frosting and lemon cake with lemon filling!! This cake might look small, but that is only because it is for decoration until we cut it at the end. The whole fridge was filled with yellow round cakes to eat throughout. And chocolate cakes too. I wouldn't mind the chocolate one either, but I am soooo hungry!! And ready to go home for the day...
At least we're going out to dinner tonight with Jordan's dad. So we will get good steak probably. But good cake...
3 comments:
i'm not saying it would be easy, but couldn't you make lemon cake with lemon buttercream frosting? over labor day weekend! we should bbq.
I've got a good recipe for coconut cake with lemon curd filling and white mountain frosting. Perhaps it could be modified... Or I could poke around some more.
I get back to Provo on the 12th, btw. Any likelihood of seeing you guys once I'm back, or are you both busy beavers?
We miss you out here. For the first week, Elise and I kept making jokes you didn't laugh to, or looking around abruptly to tell you something, and you weren't there. Family vacation is so weird without the family, but we figured you were enjoying yourself more in Sun Valley anyway. :D
Ruth, sorry about the melted cake. That is probably why every time we get together all you talk about is cake!
Post a Comment