I dislocated my thumb today. It looked really bad, like this:



I had a gut instinct to pull it and put it back into socket, and now it looks like this but with a cast on:Align Center












We are now enjoying brownies and vanilla bean ice cream. BYU beat Utah today. Life is wonderful (besides the pain).

10 comments:

Rachael said...

holy cow! you can't just post a picture like that without telling us HOW you dislocated it...

Meghan said...

I can't believe you stopped to take a picture before following your gut instinct. And I agree with Rachael about needing more details. Glad the game (uh, basketball, maybe?) helped to cheer you up.

Meghan said...

And I became so engrossed with your post that I just burned my coconut cream pie filling. Starting over, but I'll try to pay better attention, without wandering off to be enticed by grotesque pictures. Hope it gets better soon.

Meghan said...

So why did you bother going to the ER to get the cast on it when you had obviously fixed the injury?

Want to arm wrestle now you wimp?

David

Amy Collyer said...

Youch! That looks like it hurts a ton! That bruise is pretty...uh...spectacular, I guess. I agree with your family that we need more details! I hope it feels better before exam week!

Elise said...

That is NASTY, boy!

Anonymous said...

Poor Jordan! That looks awful! Tell Ruth to stop twisting your thumb like that and just do whatever she says! Love, Aunt Pam & Uncle Kevin

Brianon said...

jinkes man! i hope it gets better soon, and i hope for details someday.

Rachael said...

so still no explanation? abigail really wants to know why your hand is "all bloody and yucky." do it for the kids, man! just imagine juliet saying "lap! lap!"

The Plater Family said...

Gross! Those pictures made my stomach feel upset!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground