...update

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Ruth told me last Thursday that I was in charge of Friday night's date. Trying to stick to our budget (why, yes we have one. Thank you very much) I was trying to come up with some very creative plans. So, I did just that. We went to the temple and did sealings and went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. I bought tickets to see 7 Pounds, but after dinner we decided it was a little late for a movie.

We just had an amzing dinner with Mary Beth and Elise. We made Chicken Crepes and Frog Eyed Salad. Elise brought over vanilla pudding and Mary Beth brought Indian style green beans. It was delicious.

Lately we have been thinking about moving to another place, but recently we have gotten to know the ward and the Ludlows (landlords) much better. We are starting to understand that our pickings are small and there just might not be better places. We will just have to wait 'til we are 50 to build our dream home. Besides the funky location of the bathroom, spiders once in a while, and the occasional prouncing noises coming from above, our little apartment is actually a great place to live for us. We are close to campus, have a washer and dryer, and stay warm (most of the time).

Ruth has test week this week. No classes, three test and constant study for 5 days. I'm looking forward for Friday already. It is stressful on both of us. She will do great. She always does.
There are some major decisions coming up in our life. This week, after 5 tests and an interview, we finally will find out about my acceptance/rejection to the Chinese Flagship Program. We are trying to decide if getting a Masters in Accounting is the best decision for our Ruth. I will support her 100%. I applied to some governmental agencies this week. The application/acceptance process takes a year. What if I get accepted and Ruth just finished the first year of the MAcc? Sometimes when I ask God for direction in life it feels like he is just patting me on the back and saying, "Good job! You are doing great." I guess he wants us to use our free agency. It makes sense.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Elder Scott has given a couple of great talks on receiving answers to prayer. In one he said that if you are not getting an answer (or getting the impression that you're supposed to work some on your own), then you go ahead and make a decision based on correct principles.
If you study relevant scriptures, talks, and proclamations (since this is a pretty important decision for your family) things will start to take shape in your mind. At least it's worked that way for me. Sometimes.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground