Ruth has been in Michigan the last week and I have been managing to get by here in Provo, but just by a thread. I can't wait til she's back on Friday. We are going to party!

I just got back from my mom's house. It was great to be with my family, but I got really sick today. I was somehow able to drive home today. Several times I thought I was going to have to pull over and... Once I actually pulled into a Flying J, and as I was running into the bathroom, I thought I was about to experience the most embarrassing thing ever. I saw myself puking all over the entrance to the gas station with tens of tattoo filled truck drivers staring at me. Luckily, it didn't happen.

On a lighter note...

I ran across this video last week. It was aired fairly recently, on June 11th.













Our trip to Hong Kong is coming together. Our accounting department said that our hotel/apartment is booked. We are staying at the long stay accommodation at the Shatin Hyatt Hotel. It will be nice because it is away from the downtown, however it's right next to a subway stop that goes all over the city. The air is much better where we are staying and has very nice facilities like a 25m pool and fitness center.

Not too long after we arrive, I am going to Korea for a couple days. We are visiting some large potential/current clients (Savills, SK Group, and Acorn among others) so I hope it goes well. No, it HAS to go well. No other option. My boss told me last week to go buy a bunch of shirts at Banana Republic and they will get our logo stitched on so we can look a little more professional. Tim and I will only be in Korea for a couple days, but then I return just three weeks later for a week to visit all of our academic clients - Seoul National, Korea University, Yonsei, KAIST etc.

My boss is coming to stay with us at the beginning of September to make sure everything is going well. The company is investing a lot of money into the Asia/Pacific region. New servers will be going in this quarter in Singapore and the expenses on this trip alone is giving us a lot of pressure to perform.

It has been really tough this week without Ruth, I can't imagine six weeks! I guess I will have to work really really hard. It's kind of like the old saying, "the harder you work on your mission, the prettier your wife will be." Well, I already have the prettiest wife in the world.... by far!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Well, it was sure nice to have Ruth here for a visit. Thanks for loaning her to us! :-)

Meghan said...

Cool video clip! We're had a great time with Ruth, but I know she's excited to get back to you!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground